AC Repair in Fairfield, CT
Need Emergency Air Conditioning Repair? We’re Available 24/7!
Is there anything worse on a hot day than an air conditioner that doesn’t
work? If you have found yourself in this situation, don’t delay
Tri-City Heating and Cooling to get a NATE Certified technician on the job as soon as possible. Available
around the clock to respond to even the most untimely AC emergencies,
our team has been
trusted for more than 55 years in Fairfield and the surrounding areas. We can repair all types of AC
problems and help you get your cool air back in no time!
Why Choose Tri-City for your next Fairfield AC repair service?
- We are respectful of you, your time, and your home
- We offer honest, flat-rate pricing on our services
- We offer convenient financing options to help you afford needed repairs
- We provide a 10-year warranty on parts and a 2-year warranty on labor
Protect Your Investment. Our Lifetime Comfort Club ensures your AC system is regularly maintained, plus many other great benefits! Learn more here.
When to Replace Your Air Conditioner
The typical air conditioning unit can last anywhere from 15 to 25 years, and during that time it will likely need repairs. At some point, though, repairs will no longer adequately solve the problem, and throwing money at repairs for a system that is nearing the end of its usable life will no longer make sense financially. But how do you know when it’s time to replace your unit rather than repair it?
Consider the following when making your decision:
- Energy efficiency. If your AC is more than 10 years old, it’s outdated when it comes to efficiency. It may be worthwhile to consider a newer unit that can more efficiently cool your home, keeping you comfortable while saving you money on your electricity bills at the same time.
- Cost of repairs. If it’s going to cost more than 50% of the value of your system to repair it, it’s probably better to replace it. Alternatively, you can use the $5,000 rule: if the cost of needed repairs multiplied by the age of your system totals more than $5,000, you’ll get more bang for your buck by purchasing a new system.
- Peace of mind. Getting a new system can offer you the worry-free assurance of knowing that your system will work when you need it. Plus, new systems come with warranties so that if something does go wrong, you won’t have to worry about putting more money into it.
Of course, these are just general guidelines – sometimes, a poorly maintained system that is only 10 years old might need replacement more than a 30+ year old system that has been fastidiously taken care of. If you have any questions about whether to repair or replace your heat pump, ductless AC, or central AC unit, Tri-City would be happy to inspect your unit, provide our honest opinion, and educate you on your options.
Contact us online to request your next Fairfield air conditioner repair service.