Heat Pump Installation in Milford, CT
Prompt & Dependable Heating Service in New Haven & Fairfield Counties
In many areas of the country, homes are equipped with a furnace, which burns oil or gas to heat the home in the winter and an air conditioning system which cools it in the summer. In Connecticut, where the temperatures are extreme and regularly dip far below the freezing mark, a heat pump system is often is the best solution.
Unfortunately, many residents often overlook this extremely attractive alternative to improving home efficiency. In addition, by utilizing heat pump efficiency, many of the homes in the very cold regions of Coastal Connecticut benefit economically from having a heat pump for the non-extreme times of the year.
Why Use a Heat Pump?
A heat pump is a device for heating and cooling buildings using the same principles as a refrigerator or freezer. Heat pumps are an environmentally friendly and generally energy-efficient system that uses electricity to compress and decompress a refrigerant gas.
It works by transferring heat to the outside from within the home in hot weather and reversing the process in the winter to warm interior air. Thus, a heat pump does the work of both a furnace and a central air conditioning system.
There are three primary types of heat pumps:
- Air to air
- Ground source
- Water source
Many people find they prefer a ground source heat pump because out of the 3 types, it has fewer moving parts, is extremely quiet, and has an average lifespan of 40 years.
Benefits of Heat Pump Installation
- Spend less on your utility bills - Since heat pumps shift energy as opposed to creating it, they use less energy than traditional HVAC units. Not only does this mean you'll spend less money, but they're better for the environment too.
- Less maintenance - The process of shifting energy takes less of a toll on the unit so if you're looking for a system that needs less maintenance, consult our experts about heat pump installation in Milford or New Haven and Fairfield counties.
- They work for both heating and AC - If you're moving into a new home that has no HVAC units, you can cut your installation costs in half by installing one heat pump instead of a furnace and AC.
- Longer lifespan than traditional AC units - On average AC units last 10 years while heat pumps can make it to 15 so if you want a longer lasting AC consider heat pump installation in Milford or Coastal Connecticut.
- They're safer than combustion heaters - Since there is no creating heat or need for natural gas, heat pumps are safer than traditional furnaces. This puts you at less of a risk for gas leaks so you and your family are safer with heat pumps.
Ready to get started with your heat heat pump installation in Milford or New Haven and Fairfield counties? Call (203) 303-5700 or contact us online to schedule your appointment today!
Great Service!!- Cee M.
Happy Customer!- Bill T.
Very Satisfied- Amy S.
Highly Recommend!- Bec S.
Friendly staff!- LJ P.
Professional Heat Pump Installations in Milford
If you find yourself intrigued, and wondering, “Where can I find a heat pump?” then you should know that Tri-City Heating and Cooling is a highly qualified local source that services Milford and Coastal Connecticut with heat pump installations, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
Many homeowners have had our team install a heat pump for use in milder winter weather, saving their furnace (a generally more expensive means of heating a home) for all but the coldest weather. They typically find that their heat pump pays for itself in just a few short years. It is important that any heat pump be the correct size for the space it is to heat and cool, and that it be correctly installed.
Tri-City Heating and Cooling Is Here to Help!
A heat pump’s efficiency is measured by its coefficient of performance (COP), a measurement of the ratio between the output of the heat to the amount of electricity consumed. Key to performance is a correctly sized heat pump.
If you’re wondering what size heat pump you need in Milford or Fairfield and New Haven counties, the smart thing to do is to discuss your space and circumstances with a qualified Tri-City Heating and Cooling representative, as we regularly make these calculations. It’s not an equation you want to miscalculate! Also, ask about the wisdom of getting a heat pump with on-demand defrosting controls.
The way heat pumps transfer heat sometimes cause it to become icy on the exterior, and having the means to defrost the unit as needed can be a tremendous advantage. It also serves to minimize the amount of energy the heat pump requires.
Request superior heat pump installation in Milford or anywhere in Fairfield & New Haven counties, or Coastal Connecticut by submitting your info online or calling (203) 303-5700 today!