When was the last time your bathroom was updated? If the answer is not in the current millennium then what are you waiting for!? For those who say bathroom remodels are too expensive, here are a few ways you can have this desired bathroom remodel while also saving money.
- Plan First – The first mistake most homeowners make when remodeling a bathroom is not creating a plan of attack. Having a designer or contractor work with you to lay out exactly what you want seems like a waste of money to some. However, planning ahead can save you time, keep you on budget, and prevent unexpected (and expensive) errors.
- Moving is Expensive – When planning your remodel, keep all of the plumbing fixtures exactly where they are. Wanting to move the sink, toilet, shower, or bathtub might seem like a good idea in order to maximize the space, but it’s expensive. You’ll spend a few thousand dollars just rearranging the order of things.
- Open Storage – Filling your bathroom with cabinets can be an unnecessary expense (unless you’re really into your privacy). Instead, opt for open shelving and baskets that can hold all of your bathroom toiletries and items. Not only is this less expensive, but the open storage will double as decor!
- Focal Point – Rather than buying all of the nicest materials and fixtures, splurge on a single thing in your bathroom. This will be the focal point of the room that will immediately draw your attention to it. An extravagant shower or a luxurious countertop will give your bathroom the lavish look that you oh-so desire.
- Avoid DIY – Working on your own bathroom remodel can save you a lot of money — that is, if you know what you’re doing. A full remodel is a lot more work than a weekend designer and plumber can handle. Paying professionals will ensure the job is done right because one wrong move and your bathroom expenditure can double in price.
Taking on a bathroom remodel in the right way doesn’t have to cost you an arm and a leg, maybe just a pinky toe. When you need a professional plumber to install your new bathroom fixtures, contact Tri-City Appliance, Plumbing, Heating & Cooling. To learn more or to schedule an appointment, give us a call at (203) 303-5700.