The new year is almost here and that means that now is the perfect time to implement some change into your home. Why not take this time to remodel the master bathroom like you’ve always dreamed of. When you decide to take the plunge, make sure you know these five things before diving into the remodel.
- Shipping Has Arrived – The worst thing you can do is start a bathroom remodel without having all of the pieces ready for installation. Toilets, sinks, and bathtubs will need to be special ordered most of the time. If you decide to rip up your bathroom without waiting for these items to arrive, you’ll have an unusable bathroom for a few weeks.
- Slippery Storage – The shower is viewed as the most important part of any bathroom and you want to make it’s perfect for you. Rather than buying cheap shower racks and leaving bottles of shampoo on the floor or ledge, plan out the shower’s storage. Plan to build in-the-wall shelving to allow for easy storage and access to your shower toiletries.
- Light It Up – Who wants to shower and get ready for their day in a dark and dreary bathroom? Or worse — have a brand new bathroom with old, ugly lighting! Before the remodel begins, plan out which lighting you want and how much of it in case new fixtures and wiring needs to be installed.
- Treat Yourself – A bathroom remodel can be a bit pricey, so choose good-looking yet cost-effective products and materials. However, you want to LOVE your bathroom so go ahead and get a high-quality fixture for an area of the bathroom. Choose that gorgeous shower door or beautiful sink and countertop combo.
- Pro Ready – Trying to remodel a bathroom yourself is not something anyone can do. Between all of the plumbing, electrical wiring, flooring, tiles, fixture installation — one mistake can ruin the entire bathroom. Spending the extra on professionals will allow your bathroom remodel to be all that it can be!
Before you start your bathroom remodel, there are a few things you should know so you can get the results you want. When you need a plumber to service your plumbing and install your bathroom fixtures, contact Tri-City Appliance, Plumbing, Heating & Cooling. To learn more, or to schedule an appointment, contact (203) 303-5700.